Before deciding to undergo liposuction, understand that the process could change your life forever. At this point, you should make the right decisions. Aside from deciding that you’ll undergo the minor surgical procedure, you must decide, too, who will perform the operation.
Think about the reason why you want to undergo liposuction. Isn’t it to sculpt your body to your ideal figure and boost your self-confidence? But what if you chose a wrong surgeon? If you choose poorly when you select a surgeon, however, you may end up with a host of problems including a surgery which needs expensive touch-ups and potential complications like infections which end up costing you money. There are many important factors to consider when you choose a lipo surgeon.
1. A good place to start your search is at an online directory at a reputable website, but this is only a starting point. It’s ultimately going to be up to you to check reviews and references and decide for yourself whether a particular surgeon is a good choice.
2. Check for the surgeon’s qualifications. Is he certified in cosmetic surgery? Is he qualified to do liposuction procedures? Since there are new liposuction techniques available, try to locate a doctor who specializes and has a good record in that specific technique.
Don’t forget to check the surgeon’s professional history with the medical licensing board. Be on the lookout for records of malpractice and disciplinary actions filed against the doctor.
3. People tend to use the first thing that comes along. This is not a mature choice! These people also tend to go with the cheapest. This may happen also with their choice of surgeons. This shouldn’t be the case. Liposuction, as a minor surgery, comes with risks. And choosing the wrong surgeon increases that risk.
There are a lot of reasons why you may be quoted a low price when you ask for an estimate. Some reasons are innocuous and others are not. Some surgeons will offer lower prices because they need to attract clients after receiving black marks on their record or receiving poor testimonials.
4. Be wary of surgeons who offer rock bottom prices for the procedure. Visit the clinic and check their facilities. Ask for a breakdown of costs or a detailed quotation. This is also a good time to set expectations.
Good customer service is important, as is some degree of understanding between patient and surgeon. Liposuction can change your body shape, and you want the surgeon to understand what you’re going for with the change.
5. You may require multiple surgeries and the surgeon might suggest to offer the services as a package or a bundle. It may be a good choice in terms of your finances however, for your safety, schedule your procedures reasonably apart.
6. If a surgeon pressures you to make a commitment, better look for another one. A surgeon should work around your schedule, not the other way around.
Given these considerations, you should be able to look for the best liposuction surgeon for you. Your body deserves to be treated with great care before, during, and after the procedure. Getting a good deal in terms of liposuction price is important, but it’s not the most important factor when you choose a surgeon. What’s really important is that you get value for your money. Spending a little money for bad surgery is ultimately way more expensive than spending a lot of money for great surgery. You’ll not only pay in terms of money but also in terms of your health, which is priceless and deserves the best protection. So pick a safe surgeon who is worth the investment!
Dr. David Salvador is a board-certified Anesthesiologist serving Palm Beach County, Delray Beach, Jupiter, Deerfield Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.
Contact us for a free consultation:
(561) 600-0302, (754) 300-5401
5403 N. Haverhill Rd., Ste 234, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Key to Life Therapies, 270 South County Rd., Palm Beach, FL 33480
Palm Beach Gardens:
Youthful Balance Medical Center Suite 7 10887 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410